Who Is Providing The Warranty?
This warranty is provided to you by Goodman Manufacturing Company, L.P. (“Goodman”), which warrants all parts of this heating or air conditioning unit, as described below.
Who Does This Warranty Cover?
This warranty only covers the original owner of the residence as of the installation date (as defined below), and his or her spouse (“owner”). Some states and provinces do not allow limitation of warranty coverage to owner, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
To What Type Of Installations Does This Warranty Apply?
This warranty applies to heating and air conditioning units installed in owner-occupied residences. Different warranties apply to units installed in multi-family residences not occupied by the owner and in commercial properties.
Is Registration Required?
Registration is strongly urged. As set out below, warranty coverage is available to owners who have not registered, but registration extends the length of the warranty and provides for some additional remedies. TO REGISTER, GO TO WWW.GOODMANMFG.COM AND CLICK “PRODUCT REGISTRATION.” If you are a California or Quebec resident, please refer to the “California And Quebec Residents” section below.
What Units Does This Warranty Not Cover?
This warranty does not apply to:
- Units that are ordered over the Internet, by telephone, or by other electronic means unless the unit is installed by a dealer adhering to all applicable federal, state, and local codes, policies, and licensing requirements.
- Units that are installed outside the United States, its territories, or Canada.
- Units that are operated in incomplete structures.
- Units that are installed in buildings other than owner-occupied residences, such as non-residential buildings or multi-family residences not occupied by the owner.
What Problems Does This Warranty Cover?
This warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship that appear under normal use and maintenance.
This warranty is in lieu of all other express warranties.
ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES BY GOODMAN INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE LIMITED TO THE DURATION OF THIS WARRANTY.
NO AFFILIATE OF GOODMAN GIVES ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ON THIS UNIT.
Some states and provinces do not allow the exclusion of express warranties and/or limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above exclusion and/or limitation may not apply to you.
What Problems Does This Warranty Not Cover?
Goodman is not responsible for:
- Damage or repairs required as a consequence of faulty installation or application.
- Damage as a result of floods, fires, winds, lightning, accidents, corrosive atmosphere, or other conditions beyond Goodman’s control.
- Damage or the need for repairs arising from the use of components or accessories not compatible with this unit.
- Normal maintenance as described in the installation and operating manual, such as cleaning of the coils, filter cleaning and/or replacement, and lubrication.
- Parts or accessories not supplied or designated by the manufacturer.
- Damage or the need for repairs resulting from any improper use, maintenance, operation, or servicing.
- Damage or failure of the unit to start due to interruption in electrical service or inadequate electrical service.
- Any damage caused by frozen or broken water pipes in the event of equipment failure.
- Changes in the appearance of the unit that do not affect its performance.
- Replacement of fuses and replacement or resetting of circuit breakers.
- Damage or the need for repairs resulting from the use of unapproved refrigerant types or used or recycled refrigerant.
- When Does Warranty Coverage Begin?
- Warranty coverage begins on the “ installation date.” The installation date is one of three dates depending on thecircumstances of purchase:
- For units installed in a newly constructed residence, the installation date is the date the owner purchases the residence from the builder.
- For units installed in existing residences, the installation date is the date that the unit is originally installed.
- If the date the owner purchases the residence from the builder or the date the unit is originally installed cannot be verified, the installation date is three months after the manufacture date. The first four digits of the serial number (YYMM) on the unit indicate the manufacture date. For example, a serial number beginning with “1306” indicates the unit was manufactured in June 2013.
How Long Does Warranty Coverage Last?
Registration is not required to obtain warranty coverage, but registration affects the length of the warranty. If the unit is not registered, the warranty lasts for a period up to 5 YEARS. If the unit is properly registered online within 60 days after the installation date, the warranty lasts for as long as the original registered owner or his or her spouse (“registered owner”) own and reside in the home in which the unit was originally installed, for a period up to 10 YEARS. TO REGISTER, GO TO WWW.GOODMANMFG.COM AND CLICK “PRODUCT REGISTRATION.” If you are a California or Quebec resident, please refer to the “California And Quebec Residents” section below.
Neither of these warranty periods continues after the unit is removed from the location where it was originally installed. The replacement of a part under this warranty does not extend the warranty period. In other words, Goodman warrants a replacement part only for the period remaining in the applicable warranty that commenced